NECA (National Electrical and Communications Association) provide a range of industry short courses and qualifications. If you want to further your knowledge in areas relevant to the electrotechnology industry, NECA education and careers can help you. Course categories include Electrical Pre-Apprenticship, Electrical Licensing and Registration, Safety, Business, Renewable Energy and Data Comms.
- 1 Asbestos Safety
- Electricians are likely to encounter asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in the course of their work. Exposure to air-borne asbestos fibres can be lethal, although symptoms do not develop for some years after exposure. The law requires that anyone working on asbestos products (drilling, cutting, cleaning, etc.) must be trained and must have evidence of the training.
Cost: NECA Members - $65. Non NECA Member - $165
- 2 Construction Wiring
- Construction wiring is a specialised area providing regulatory, industrial relations and cost challenges for contractors. Successfully managing these challenges requires comprehensive skills and knowledge of the relevant Australian and industry standards to ensure compliance and eliminate risks.
Cost: NECA Members - $710. Non NECA Member - $750
- 3 Construction Wiring Refresher
- This two day refresher course willl update your knowledge and understanding of changes to standards and legislation impacting on installation practices. Acknowledged by Worksafe Victoria and endorsed by Energy Safe Victoria
Cost: NECA Members - $610. Non NECA Member - $650
- 4 Electrical Installation Testing
- Electricians and REC's have a legal obligation to test and certify that their electrical work complies with relevant standards. It is essential thay you or your employess have the essential testing skills so that you can test and sign of on COES with confidence.
Cost: NECA Members - $240. Non NECA Member - $250
- 5 Essential Business 4 Electrical Contractors
- Improve your business’ performance, profits and productivity by hearing from industry expert Max Rowe on developing various aspects of your electrical contracting business.
Cost: NECA Members: $720. Non-NECA Members: $760
- 6 Estimating Electrotechnology Projects - Fundamentals Stage 1
- Estimating is a key component in establishing a successful contracting business. Knowing what to charge is only part of the equation. Knowing how long a job will take and what is involved in developing a quotation for a job is critical. This course reviews the methods and procedures comminlu used in estimating plus more.
Cost: NECA Members: $400. Non-NECA Members: $425
- 7 Estimating Electrotechnology Projects - Advanced Stage 2
- Building on skills acquired in Stage 1, course will provide you with accurate and profitable estimating skills as well as undertaking practical construction of an estimate from the receipt of the render documents, through the practical tak eoff and pricing to final submission of the tender.
Cost: NECA Members - $665. Non NECA Member - $700
- 8 Grid Connect
- This course provides licensed electricans with the skills to design, install, set-up, test, fault find, repair and maintain grid conencted photovoltaic systems and the associated equipment
Cost: NECA Members - $1150. Non NECA Member - $1200
- 9 Licensed Electrical Inspectors Practical (LEIP)
- Increase your skills set an your service offerings by becoming an Electrical Inspector. NECA Education and Careers are the only RTO to offer tutorials to prepare you for the licensing assessment. This component prepares you for the Practical component.
- 10 Licensed Electrical Inspectors Safe Approach (LEISA)
- Increase your skills set an your service offerings by becoming an Electrical Inspector. NECA Education and Careers are the only RTO to offer tutorials to prepare you for the licensing assessment. This component prepares you for the Safe Approach component.
- 11 Licensed Electrical Inspectors Theory (LEIT)
- Increase your skills set an your service offerings by becoming an Electrical Inspector. NECA Education and Careers are the only RTO to offer tutorials to prepare you for the licensing assessment. This component prepares you for the Theory component.
- 12 Licensed Electrican Theory (LET)
- Brush up on your knowledge before you go for your electrical licence. This component prepares you for the LET component PLUS you can book your assessment at the same time.
Cost: Tutorial - $480. Assessment - $98. Total = $578
- 13 Licensed Electrician Practice (LEP)
- Brush up on your knowledge before you go for your electrical licence. This component prepares you for the LEP component PLUS you can book your assessment at the same time
Cost: Tutorial - $450. Assessment - $275. Total = $725
- 14 OHS Management for Managers & Supervisors
- Are you and your team dealing with OHS? Then you need to understand the role you play in keeping safe at work. This course is specifically designed to provide contractors and their management with a clear understanding of the role of Occupational Health and Safety in today’s work environment and specifically in the electrotechnology industry.
Cost: NECA Members - $595. Non NECA Member - $695
- 15 Open Registration
- Don’t be stuck in the dark ages, Open Registration has become a necessity for all things internet. Doesn’t matter what project your working on; networking, data and voice cabling will be apart of the scope of works. (weekends and night course)
Cost: NECA Member: $750. Non NECA Member: $800
- 16 Registered Electrical Contractor (Business)
- If you want to start your own electrical contractor business then this course is for you. The course sets out the knowledge and skills required to ensure regulatory, technical, occupational and workplace relation requirements are met in conducting a contracting business.
- 17 Safe Work Practice (SWP)
- Brush up on your knowledge before you go for your electrical licence. This component prepares you for the SWP component PLUS you can book your assessment at the same time
Cost: Tutorial - $210. Assessment - $150. Total = $360
- 18 Structured and Coaxial Cabling
- Do you need more knowledge on how to structure telecommunications infrastructure? Or want to expand your skills to include Cat5/6/7 and service pay TV/smart TV’s? This course builds on the knowledge gained during your Open Registration course to give you greater insight and detail in structuring telecommunication infrastructure and installing, terminating and testing coaxial cabling. Structured and Coaxial Cabling are two separate endorsements that can be added to your Open Registration. (Weekend Course)
Cost: NECA Members: $560. Non NECA Members $600
- 19 Battery Storage
- With the growing interest in battery storage systems and the forecasts show that demand will grow rapidly as the cost of such systems comes down, driven by competition and technology
Cost: Middy's Customers $1,800 (normally $1,900)
- 20 Provide First Aid
- This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. The course includes performing CPR and providing basic emergency life support
Cost: NECA Members: $175. Non NECA Member $195
- 21 Construction Induction Card
- This course in Construction (OH&S Induction) is intended to provide you with the skills and knowledge to operate safely in a work environment and should be completed prior to entering a construction workplace
Cost: NECA Members - $175. Non NECA Member - $195
- 22 CPR+LVR
- Gain the skills and knowledge that will keep you safe, should you need to perform a low voltage rescue and CPR on a mate or colleague until the professionals arrive
Cost: NECA Members: $120. Non NECA Member: $130
- 23 Working at Heights
- Identify the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area
- 24 Confined Space
- You will cover assess confined spaces for entry, permits, safety equipment and PPE, prepare for gas testing, maintaining equipment and conduct pre-donning checks and tests and operating breathing apparatus
- 25 EWPA
- This course will allow you to operate self-propelled boom type EWPA's (with a capacity of less than 11m), scissor lifts and vertifical lifts
- 1024 Lygon Street, North Carlton, VIC 3054
- Laverton North
Course availability, cost and location will be confirmed with our Training Partners based on your selection prior to booking.